Out with the old, in with the new
Before you cleanse, you should begin prepping your system three days in advance with these best practices:
- Remove alcohol, caffeine, junk food, soda, and high sugar foods from your diet. To gain the most from your cleanse, also remove all animal product.
- Drink eight glasses of water daily.
- Think positive and get excited about this opportunity to become a healthier you. Flush out your system and flood it with good stuff.
- Start your morning with a big glass of water and continue to keep your water intake up throughout the day.
- Drink your six juices every day, every two hours.
- Enjoy your radiant skin and increased energy.
OTHER THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- Listen to your body. You will be tired so rest when you need to. Your body is not used to not eating.
- You can drink herbal tea to supplement the juices during your cleanse.
Start off light! We know you worked hard and want to celebrate, but resist food splurges. Your body is still releasing toxins and purifying itself, so you want to keep eating healthy foods that flood your body with nutrients. Reintroduce healthy, raw foods slowly.
Here is a sample plan for transitioning out of your Cold Pressed Juice Cleanse and into a healthy diet. We suggest having two solid meals and one Cold Pressed Juice or Superfood Smoothie for these next few days. For meals, think raw or lightly steamed vegetables, salads, and fresh fruit.
- Day 1: Eat fruits, green veggies, and drink plenty of water. Pick up a Cold Pressed Juice or Superfood Smoothie to make sure your body is still getting all those essential nutrients and enzymes you were getting during your cleanse.
- Day 2: You can add back gluten-free grains such as brown rice, sweet potatoes, legumes and quinoa, plus goat cheese and nuts; just eat these in small amounts and don’t overdo it.
- Day 3: Try reintroducing gluten grains like whole wheat bread and pasta if you ate these before the cleanse, also fish and healthy oils, e.g., olive, coconut, and flax oils.
- Day 4 and beyond: You can eat meat again, but make sure it is organic and lean. Avoid processed foods and refined carbohydrates that will clog up your system again. Stick to a healthy diet and continue to pick up our Cold Pressed Juices and Superfood Smoothies to increase your vitamin and nutrient intake.
- Get some rest! If you feel a little tired and emotional, don’t worry, it’s perfectly normal. Your system is still working hard to release those toxins and that can feel different for everyone. Make sure you listen to your body and give it what it needs.
- Get moving! If you feel rejuvenated and full of energy, get reacquainted with some light exercise. Just don’t go overboard. Enjoy a short jog, some gentle yoga, or any other activity you like. Just remember to tune into your needs and rest when your body needs a break.
- Break it up! To ease out of your cleanse, try eating three small meals each day.
So fresh and so clean!
- Smile because you just helped reboot your system by removing toxins and flooding your body with key vitamins and nutrients.
- Enjoy the lighter, refreshed, and rejuvenated you. Take pleasure in knowing you detoxed your body and soul, took control of your health and lifestyle and helped your body heal itself.